- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Calico Stuffed Peppers Recipe
|Green peppers||3 Large|
|Bulk sausage||1 Pound|
|Chopped onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canned whole kernel corn||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.7%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 175.1 mg
Sodium 869.3 mg36.2%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.2%
Sugars 15.2 g
Protein 24 g48.7%
Vitamin A 22.2% Vitamin C 199.8%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash green pepper and slice into half lengthwise.
2. Cut stem and scoop out the seeds.
3. In a 4-quart casserole, place the peppers and cook for 4 minutes.
4. In a 2-quart casserole, place sausages and onions and cook for 5 minutes; stir only once.
5. Drain excess fat out after cooking sausages.
6. Add corn, catsup and garlic salt to sausages and mix well.
7. Stuff pepper with sausage mixture.
8. Place the stuffed peppers back into the casserole.
9. Drizzle tomato sauce over pepper and cover the casserole.
10. Cook for another 5 minutes.
11. Sprinkle cheese over cooked stuffed pepper and cook uncovered for 1 more minute until the cheese melts.
12. Serve hot.