- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Calico Stuffed Cucumbers Recipe
|Instant chicken broth||1 Teaspoon (1 Envelope)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped radishes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft bread cubes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Marjoram leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded swiss cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1042 Calories from Fat 524
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g88.1%
Saturated Fat 31.1 g155.6%
Trans Fat 4.2 g
Cholesterol 411.8 mg
Sodium 1502.3 mg62.6%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g31.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.4%
Sugars 38.2 g
Protein 39 g77.8%
Vitamin A 63.7% Vitamin C 56.5%
Calcium 88.9% Iron 42.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Bring to boiling; reduce heat; cover; simmer for 15 minutes. Lift to paper toweling with a slotted spoon; drain well. Reserve broth (you will have about 1/2 cup).
3. Melt butter or margarine in a small skillet. Saute radishes until soft. Stir in bread cubes and marjoram; add broth; toss to mix.
4. Arrange cucumber halves in a shallow, 6-cup baking dish. Fill cucumbers with prepared stuffing.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 20 minutes; remove.
6. Beat egg until smooth in a small bowl. Blend in milk, salt and pepper. Sprinkle cheese over cucumbers. Pour egg mixture into baking dish.
7. Return to oven and continue to bake for 20 minutes, or until custard is set.