- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Calico Lamb Stew Recipe
|Ground lamb||2 Pound|
|Coarse soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped to make 1/4 cup|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Leaf rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Grated lemon rind||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Frozen peas and carrots||2 Pound (1 Bag)|
Calories 915 Calories from Fat 561
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g96.1%
Saturated Fat 27.9 g139.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 236 mg
Sodium 1384.4 mg57.7%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.7%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 49 g98.9%
Vitamin A 436.5% Vitamin C 64.8%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 39.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, combine lamb, breadcrumbs, milk, onion, egg, salt, rosemary, and shape into balls.
2) In a pan, melt butter and brown the balls.
3) Pour off pan drippings, measure 2 tablespoon and return to the pan.
4) Combine lemon juice, lemon rind, flour, salt, and water and cook until gravy thickens.
5) Stir in vegetables and meat balls, cover, and simmer for 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
6) Season to taste and serve warm.