- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Calico Corn Relish Recipe
|Canned whole kernel corn||24 Ounce, drained (Reserve Liquid, Two 12 Ounce Each Cans)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pimento||2 Tablespoon, diced|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
Calories 310 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.5%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.24%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 57.8 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.7%
Sugars 44.3 g
Protein 6 g12.7%
Vitamin A 13.2% Vitamin C 71.3%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Add sufficient amount of water to reserved liquid to equal 1 1/4 cups. Pour into a glass bowl.
2) To this liquid, add celery, green pepper, onion and sugar.
3) Heat on high power for 4 to 6 minutes.
4) Blend cornstarch with vinegar and add to the bowl.
5) Heat this mixture on high power for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
7) Add corn and pimento and chill before serving.