- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Calico Cabbage Recipe
|Cabbage||1 Small, pounded (For Garnish)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1 Package)|
Calories 146 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.5 mg
Sodium 698.6 mg29.1%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.8%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 1 g3%
Vitamin A 127.9% Vitamin C 34.2%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Remove and discard loose outer leaves of cabbage.
2) In order to shred cabbage, quarter the head through the stem, then cut out the core and discard.
3) Take a large bowl and place the shredded cabbage in it.
4) Peel the carrots and shred into thin long slices.
5) Add the carrots to the shredded cabbage along with celery, onion, sugar, salt and pepper and toss to mix well.
6) Take a buttered 12-cup baking dish and using a slotted spoon, put the above mixture in it. Add slices of butter or margarine over the mixture. Cover the dish.
7) Bake in moderate oven (350°) 1 hour, until vegetables are just soft enough.
8) If you desire, sprinkle paprika before serving,