- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Calico Beans: On the Side #4 Recipe Video
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Thick sliced bacon||1⁄2 Pound (cut into 1/2-1" slices)|
|Kidney beans||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Baked beans||1 Can (10 oz) (oven baked)|
|Lima beans/Butter beans- 1 can||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Catsup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 966 Calories from Fat 346
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.9%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g69.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95 mg
Sodium 823.6 mg34.3%
Total Carbohydrates 112 g37.5%
Dietary Fiber 17.4 g69.7%
Sugars 51 g
Protein 48 g96.3%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 44.7%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 45.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat to 350°F.
2) In a saute pan brown the hamburger and add to large bowl.
3) Brown bacon in the same saute pan and add to the bowl. Make sure to add just the bacon, not all the fat!
4) Drain the butter beans and the kidney beans. Add them to the large bowl, along with the baked beans. Mix well.
5) Add the onion, brown sugar, catsup, dry mustard, vinegar and salt to the bowl and mix well.
6) Spoon mixture into large casserole dish (2-1/2 qt.) and bake, uncovered, in 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
7)This side dish is great with any BBQ and make sure to enjoy this side dish served warm!