- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Portuguese Caldo Verde Soup Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Yellow onion||1 , minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Potato||6 , peeled and chopped|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Linguica||1⁄2 Pound, sliced thin|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 426 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.1%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.7 mg
Sodium 1469.2 mg61.2%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.4%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 18 g36.1%
Vitamin A 232.6% Vitamin C 217.4%
Calcium 13% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add the yellow onion and garlic clove. Sauté until translucent.
3. Add the potatoes and sauté for 2 minutes mixing well.
4. Stir in the cold water and raise the heat to high. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked and can be easily mashed.
5. In a sauté pan add the linguica and place over low heat. Cook for 10 minutes and remove from heat to a paper towel covered plate to drain.
6. Take the kale and trim the ends. Take one end of the kale and roll up. Thinly slice the kale to create shreds.
7. Using a potato masher mash the potatoes in the soup. Add the linguica, cover, and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Uncover the soup and add the shredded kale. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
For more information please visit http://www.SimpleFoodie.com/