- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Calcutta Chicken Recipe
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, ground|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Mango chutney||1 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (A little)|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon, grated (as needed)|
Calories 968 Calories from Fat 574
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.9%
Saturated Fat 25.3 g126.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 352.9 mg
Sodium 447.9 mg18.7%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 12.5 g
Protein 79 g157.6%
Vitamin A 24.7% Vitamin C 79.5%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 18.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut chicken into pieces.
3. Season chicken by rubbing salt and pepper and some lemon juice.
4. Let the chicken stand for some time for the lemon juice to soak in.
5. In the bottom of a soaked Romertopf, add a few pieces of butter and place the chicken over them.
6. Place the dish in the oven and let it cook for 40 minutes.
7. Add curry powder, some grated nutmeg, salt, sugar, pepper and a few more drops of lemon juice.
8. Peel oranges, cut and add to chicken.
9. Cover and cook for another 1 hour.
10. In the final 10 minutes, uncover and cook.
11. Stir in sour cream and egg yolk for thickening.
12. Serve Calcutta Chicken with rice and mango chutney.