- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
calamares Recipe Video
|Squid||1⁄2 Pound, cleaned and sliced|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||1 Medium, beaten|
|Breadcrumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 1296 Calories from Fat 1140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 129 g198.3%
Saturated Fat 18.6 g93.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 178.6 mg
Sodium 583 mg24.3%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 13 g26.7%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Combine squid, salt, and ground black pepper then mix well. Let stand for 10 minutes.
2. In a cooking pot pour-in cooking oil and heat.
3. Dredge the squid in flour then dip in beaten egg and roll over breadcrumbs.
4. Deep-fry the squid until the color of the coating turns brown
5. Remove the fried squid from the cooking pot and transfer in a plate lined with paper towels.
6. Serve with sinamak or Asian dipping sauce.