- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cake Pops Recipe Video
|Cake||16 Ounce (a boxed cake mix baked according to package directions or your own recipe)|
|Candy coated chocolate pieces||2 Pound (desired colors)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7235 Calories from Fat 3642
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 418 g643.4%
Saturated Fat 167.9 g839.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 627.1 mg
Sodium 1851.6 mg77.1%
Total Carbohydrates 809 g269.6%
Dietary Fiber 45.5 g182%
Sugars 610.4 g
Protein 142 g283.7%
Vitamin A 81.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 118% Iron 111.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl crumble the prepared cake completely.
2. Add the frosting to the cake, mix with the back of the spoon.
3. Make balls of 1.5 inch, place them on the tray. Finish the cake mix making as many balls as possible. Approximately 40 balls.
4. When you finish, wrap the tray. Chill for 2 hours or freeze for 15 minutes (until they’re firm)
5. 5 minutes before the 2 hours, melt the coating in a double hour (try to melt 1 pound at a time)
6. Remove a few balls from the tray at the time. Dip the tip of the lollipop stick, insert into the cake ball, no more than halfway though.
7. Dip the cake pops into the candy coating until completely covered. Remove, twist, decorate and place on the cake pop base.
8. Let it dry completely
9. Chill until ready to serve. These are great for kids parties or girls' nights.