- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cake Pops Recipe Video
|Cake||23 Ounce (One 9-inch layer)|
|Icing||10 Ounce (at room temperature)|
|Coating chocolate||2 Cup (32 tbs) (as needed)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6003 Calories from Fat 1502
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 170 g262.3%
Saturated Fat 58.2 g290.8%
Trans Fat 16.3 g
Cholesterol 784.1 mg
Sodium 2745.5 mg114.4%
Total Carbohydrates 1075 g358.2%
Dietary Fiber 27.5 g110.1%
Sugars 807.7 g
Protein 52 g103.8%
Vitamin A 82.5% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 45.6% Iron 167.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Knead the cake crumbs and icing together until it forms a malleable paste. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm, about 30 minutes and up to 2 days.
2) Roll the cake mixture into 3 ounces balls (about 1 to 1 1/2-inch in diameter)
3) In a bowl, melt a small amount of coating chocolate, about 2 ounces. Dip one end of the lollipop stick in the coating chocolate and stick the tip into one of the cake balls.
4) In another bowl, melt a large amount of coating chocolate, about 10 ounces, over a double boiler. Dip the cake pops into the coating chocolate creating an even coat. Tilt the bowl toward you to make it easier to dip them and rotate the pop instead of dunking the entire pop.
5) While still melted on the cake, adhere decorative toppings or after the chocolate sets up pipe on various decorations using melted or seized chocolate (a drop or two of water per 3 ounces of coating chocolate).
6) Store cake pops packaged at room temperature for 4 days or frozen for 2 months.
To prevent a foot from forming, allow the pops to set up while stuck in Styrofoam.