- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cake On The Grill Recipe Video
|For the cake on the grill|
|Pound cake slices||4 , slice (into 1/2" thick pieces)|
|Kahlua||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream scoop||2 Medium|
|For the french pressed coffee|
|Ground coffee||3 Tablespoon|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Whipped cream||2 Tablespoon, divided|
Calories 437 Calories from Fat 212
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.3%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g35.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 119 mg
Sodium 298.8 mg12.4%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 32.3 g
Protein 5 g10.9%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C 0.4%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedFrench press
1. Slice pound cake into 1/2" thick pieces.
2. Soak each slice with Kahlua, turning to coat.
3. Make sure the grill is clean and hot, place on grill and cook until crusted and grill marks appear, turning once.
4. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.
FOR THE FRENCH PRESS COFFEE
1. Place three scoops of quality coffee in bottom of the French press.
2. Pour boiling water over, place top on with the plunger up and let steep for five minutes.
3. Slowly press the plunger down and pour coffee, adding one teaspoon brown sugar per cup.
4. Top with soft, unsweetened whipped cream.
5. Serve with pound cake.
You can use a coarse or ground coffee.