- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cake Icing or Frosting Recipe Ideas - Eggless Recipe Video
|For the butter frosting|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners sugar/Powdered sugar||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs), sifted|
|Milk/Light cream||4 Tablespoon (3 - 4 tbsp used to make the icing smooth and spreadable)|
|For the cream frosting|
|Heavy whipping cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (360 ml)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (Room temperature)|
|Ener-g egg replacer/Arrowroot powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon (Use as required)|
|Confectioners sugar/Icing sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted (or powdered sugar may be used)|
|Shredded coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts/Any nuts such as pecans or almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), coarsely crushed in a food processor|
Calories 471 Calories from Fat 258
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.6%
Saturated Fat 16.3 g81.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.9 mg
Sodium 126.6 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 45.3 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
Vitamin A 17.1% Vitamin C 0.84%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Electric mixer
2. Food processor - to crush the walnuts / any nuts used
1. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, salt and vanilla until light and fluffy.
2. Add the confectioners sugar gradually, beating after each addition.
3. Add 3 tbsp milk or light cream beating until smooth. Beat in more milk (if required) until desired consistency is reached and the frosting is spreadable.
4. Serves about 2 1/3 cup of frosting, enough to frost the tops and sides of an 8-inch 2 layer cake or a 10-inch tube or about 1 dozen cupcakes.
To prepare cream based frosting:
1. In a bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and whip on a slow speed till its thick and fluffy.
2. Add the cream cheese and whip again for a minute.
3. Add the ener-G egg replacer, powdered sugar and beat again for a couple of minutes till well blended.
4. Add vanilla extract and fold in the frosting gently using a spatula.
5. Add the shredded coconut, crushed walnuts and gently fold in using a spatula.
6. The cream based frosting is ready to be spread on cakes and cupcakes and served with sprinkles of your favorite cake decorations.
Ground Oreo can be used for frosting Oreo cookie cake and cupcakes.