- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seafood Stuffed Bell Peppers Part II Recipe Video
|Green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Cooking butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Cajun spice||2 Teaspoon (Best Stop Cajun Seasoning mix)|
|Shrimp||1 Pound, devein|
|Shrimp powder||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Breadcrumbs||6 Teaspoon (Italian seasoned)|
Calories 384 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.9%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 178.5 mg
Sodium 470.5 mg19.6%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g5%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 19 g37.5%
Vitamin A 19.2% Vitamin C 38.1%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedGrill
1. In a cast iron skillet, melt the butter.
2. Add the trinity of green pepper, onion and celery. Sauté until the onion gets translucent and soft.
3. Add tomato paste and seasoning and sauté for another few minutes until the onion is lightly browned.
4. Add the shrimp and crab and cook until shrimp are tender.
5. Stir in the shrimp powder and sauté for another minute or two.
6. Add the precooked rice and mix well. Heat through.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning as per desired level of spiciness.
8. Allow the mixture to sit covered for flavors to blend.
9. Spoon the mixture into the peppers and top with bread crumbs.
10. Cook them on a barbecue grill or in the oven at 350 degree F for about an hour until peppers are tender.
11. Serve the seafood stuffed peppers whole or cut into half.