- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seafood Stuffed Bell Peppers Part I Recipe Video
|Cooking butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Tomato paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Cajun spice||2 Teaspoon (Best Stop Cajun Seasoning mix)|
|Shrimp||1 Pound, devein|
|Shrimp powder||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Breadcrumbs||6 Teaspoon (Italian seasoned)|
Calories 768 Calories from Fat 450
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.8%
Saturated Fat 31.4 g156.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 357.1 mg
Sodium 941 mg39.2%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 37 g75%
Vitamin A 38.4% Vitamin C 76.3%
Calcium 16.7% Iron 25.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a cast iron skillet, melt the butter.
2. Add the trinity of green pepper, onion and celery. Sauté until the onion gets translucent and soft.
3. Add tomato paste and seasoning and sauté for another few minutes until the onion is lightly browned.
4. Add the shrimp and crab and cook until shrimp are tender.
5. Stir in the shrimp powder and sauté for another minute or two.
6. Add the precooked rice and mix well. Heat through.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning as per desired level of spiciness.
8. Allow the mixture to sit covered for flavors to blend.
9. Spoon the mixture into the peppers and top with bread crumbs.
10. Cook them on a barbecue grill or in the oven at 350 degree F for about an hour until peppers are tender.
11. Serve the seafood stuffed peppers whole or cut into half.