- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cajun Spiced Chicken Recipe
|Chicken breast||10 , pounded to 1/2 inch thickness (skinless, boneless halves)|
|Cajun seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry italian seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 1196 Calories from Fat 816
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g142%
Saturated Fat 12.6 g62.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 199.5 mg
Sodium 1198.4 mg49.9%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 0.93 g3.7%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 79 g158.9%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 11.5%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, mix together oil, cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and lemon pepper, mix well.
2) Place the chicken in Cajun mixture, and turn to coat well.
3) Cover and place it into the refrigerator for about 1/2 hour to marinate.
4) While chicken is marinating preheat grill for the high heat and lightly oil the grill grate.
5) Drain the chicken and reserve the marinade.
6) Place the chicken on hot grill and cook for about 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until chicken is tender.
7) While grill baste the chicken occasionally with the reserved marinade.
8) Serve hot with couscous salad or curried rice if desired.