- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cajun Shrimp Pasta Recipe Video
|Shrimp||12 Ounce, peeled and deveined|
|Cajun seasoning blend||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Green pepper||1 , thinly sliced|
|Red pepper||1 , thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 328 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.6%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 145.4 mg
Sodium 630.5 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 22 g44.5%
Vitamin A 30.7% Vitamin C 141.1%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the fettuccine according to the package instructions.
2. In a small bowl, mix the shrimp with the Cajun seasoning.
3. Heat a large sauté pan over a medium high heat.
4. Pour in olive oil, add the peppers, onions and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté for 5 minutes.
5. Push all of the veggies to one side of the pan, add in the butter, garlic, lemon zest and shrimp.
6. Sauté the shrimp for 2 minutes on the first side and an additional minute on the second side.
7. Continue sautéing the peppers and onions.
8. Add in the fettuccine, squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the skillet, and toss the pasta.
9. Serve hot Cajun Shrimp Pasta in a plate.
If you are following gluten free diet be sure to use gluten free fettuccine in the dish. Be sure to have all of your chopping and prepping done in advance since the dish moves along quickly once you start.