- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cajun Shrimp Boil for Dinner Recipe Video
|Canola oil/Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Zatarain s shrimp and crab boil mix||4 Ounce (1/2 cup)|
|Distilled white vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baby red potatoes||2 Pound|
|Sweet onion||1 Large, quartered|
|Garlic||2 Large, halved|
|Lemons||3 Large, halved|
|Sweet corn on the cob||2 Pound|
|Fresh large shrimp||3 Pound|
Calories 656 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.6%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 300 mg
Sodium 7361.9 mg306.7%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.7%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g49.9%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 52 g104.3%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 94%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Begin by filling the pot with water. Leave about 4-6 inches from the top of the pot to allow for filling all the shrimp and seasonings.
2. Then begin seasoning the water with oil, vinegar, shrimp & crab boil, salt, bay leaves, quartered sweet onion, and squeezed lemon juice.
3. Bring water to a rolling boil. Allow to boil for 10 minutes.
4. Now drop in the baby red potatoes. Cook 8-10 minutes.
5. Then drop in the Corn on the Cob. Let the water return to a boil, and cook for 5 more minutes.
6. Finally, place in the shrimps. Boil for 5 minutes. Shrimp are done once they turn pink and rise to the top.
7. Turn off the burner and let it sit for a couple of minutes.
8. Carefully drain the shrimp and other ingredients.
9. Serve the Cajun Boiled Shrimp immediately with corn and potatoes on a platter. Have butter and salt ready for the corn and potatoes.