- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cajun Fish and Savory Cheese Grits Recipe Video
|For savory cheese grits|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grits||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (quick cooking or 5-minutes Grits)|
|Onion powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Hot sauce||2 Drop|
|Salt||To Taste (Optional)|
|For cajun fish|
|Tilapia fillets||2 Medium|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Cajun seasoning||2 Teaspoon|
|Old bay seasoning||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Oregano||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, divided|
Calories 785 Calories from Fat 455
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g79%
Saturated Fat 27.7 g138.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 156.9 mg
Sodium 1722.8 mg71.8%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.6%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 36 g72.5%
Vitamin A 50.4% Vitamin C 30.3%
Calcium 42.6% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Brush the fish fillets with olive oil. Put minced garlic on top and rub in on them.
2. Sprinkle salt, cajun seasoning, old bay seasoning, parsley and black pepper on one side.
3. In a skillet melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Place the fish in the skillet seasoned side up.
4. Cook for around 7 minutes and flip the fish. Season the other side with onion powder, oregano and thin slices of butter.
5. Continue to cook for around 3 minutes or till the fish is firm and flaky.
6. Transfer it on a plate and cover with a foil. Set aside.
7. In a saucepan, pour chicken broth water and half and half. Place it on medium heat and bring it a boil.
8. Slowly add the grits while whisking continuously. Continue to whisk till smooth.
9. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for around 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
10. Once the grits reach desired consistency turn off the heat.
11. Add butter and season with paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, white pepper,
12. Put cheese and mix well. Season with salt to taste and stir to mix if desired.
13. Finally add hot sauce and mix well till combined.
14. In a serving plate, serve the grits with fish and sweet peas or toast.