- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low carb Cajun Burger - Making The Hamburger Buns Part 1 Recipe Video
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mrs dash flavored seasoning mix||1 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Whey protein powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooking spray||2 Dash|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1290 Calories from Fat 641
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g111.3%
Saturated Fat 36.1 g180.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 718.5 mg239.5%
Sodium 2485.7 mg103.6%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 0 g0.01%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 137 g274.9%
Vitamin A 42.1% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 118.2% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 300 degrees F. Grease the hamburger pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a jar add in water and protein powder together. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl add in the egg yolks, mayonnaise, Mrs Dash, cheddar cheese and protein mixture. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl add in the egg white and cream of tartar and whisk using a mixer as shown in the video for 6 minutes.
5. Mix the yolk mixture with mixer.
6. Add the egg yolk mixture to the egg whites and fold in the mixture.
7. Using a large spoon, spoon mixture out to a prepared tray.
8. Bake in oven for 35 minutes at 300 degrees.
9. Turn oven off and leave in oven for another 5 minutes. Remove the buns and place on a wire rack to cool. Let cool for about 10 minutes before eating.
10. Top Hamburgers buns with ham patties, mayonnaise, tomato and lettuce. Serve with low sodium ketchup.