- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caesar Salad with Parmesan Croutons Recipe
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Capers||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Anchovy fillets||6 , mashed|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Cracked black pepper||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), peeled and crushed (small ones)|
|French bread||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into 3/4-inch cubes|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely grated|
|Romaine lettuce heads||2 , torn into 2-inch pieces|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shaved|
Calories 582 Calories from Fat 295
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.4%
Saturated Fat 11 g54.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.4 mg
Sodium 1151.5 mg48%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.2%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 20 g39.3%
Vitamin A 229.7% Vitamin C 53%
Calcium 32.5% Iron 27.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse the romaine leaves, dry and refrigerate until needed.
2) Dressing: In a small bowl, mix the garlic, capers and anchovies into a paste with a fork.
3) Beat in the egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
4) Gradually whisk in the olive oil; blend thoroughly.
5) Chill the dressing in the refrigerator for atleast 30 minutes.
6) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
7) Parmesan Croutons : In a small saucepan, melt the butter with garlic cloves over a medium heat.
8) Then remove from heat and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
9) Strain the butter and discard the garlic cloves.
10) On a baking sheet, toss the bread and garlic butter together.
11) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times, until the croutons are crisp and a deep golden brown.
12) In a large bowl, toss the croutons with finely grated Parmesan cheese.
13) Salad: In a large bowl, combine the lettuce with black pepper and toss with the dressing.
14) Add the croutons and toss until thoroughly mixed.
15) Garnish the Caesar Salad with Parmesan Croutons with shaved Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.