- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caesar Salad Recipe Video
|Anchovies||3 Tablespoon, chop|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon (With garlic sitting in it for a few hours)|
|Dry mustard||1 Dash|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Romaine lettuce||12 Ounce, cut|
|Ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Romano cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Croutons||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 464 Calories from Fat 336
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.5%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 119 mg
Sodium 296.6 mg12.4%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 14 g27.6%
Vitamin A 299.9% Vitamin C 80%
Calcium 25% Iron 21.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Let the olive oil sit with the garlic in it so that it gets stepped with the garlic flavor.
2. For the dressing: In a bowl, mix the chopped anchovies and an egg yolk.
3. Next, using a strainer, strain the olive oil into the bowl, without the garlic.
4. Add dry mustard and lemon juice and mix.
5. In another bowl, add the chopped romaine lettuce.
6. Pour the dressing on the romaine lettuce.
7. Add fresh ground pepper and romano cheese and toss.
8. Finally, add the croutons and toss again.
9. Plate and serve right away.