- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nopales Cactus Frittata Recipe Video
|Nopales||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mexican onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Poblano pepper||1 , roasted|
|Cooked pinto beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Cacique crema mexicana||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cacique cotija||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cacique panela||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chipotle chili||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 275 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 166.8 mg55.6%
Sodium 980.8 mg40.9%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.4%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 14 g28.3%
Vitamin A 35.8% Vitamin C 11%
Calcium 29% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cut Cactus and Pepper in bite size pieces, slice onion and chop garlic.
3. Saute vegetables, beans and rice with garlic in a hot light oiled pan 3-4 minutes or until onion is soft.
4. Transfer vegetable mix into a greased oven safe dish.
5. Whip egg, cream, crumbled cheese, spices and salt well, although cheese will stay in small clumps.
6. Pour batter over vegetable mix and bake in oven for 30-40 minutes or until Frittata is firm.
7. Let Frittata sit for 5-10 minutes before serving it up with fresh fruit or green salad.
This video is a creation of Helenaskitchen. You can visit Helenaskitchen for complete recipes, and more videos.