- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cacciatore Pot Roast Recipe
|Boneless beef chuck roast||2 1⁄2 Pound (Pot Roast)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), pressed|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Green bell pepper||1 Medium, sliced|
|Fresh mushrooms||8 Ounce|
|Spaghetti sauce||28 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Spaghetti||16 Ounce, uncooked (1 Package)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
Calories 628 Calories from Fat 265
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.1%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.3 mg
Sodium 677 mg28.2%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.1%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 36 g71.9%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 31.3%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 24.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Trim and discard the excess fat from roast
3. In a large oven proof casserole, heat oil over medium heat.
4. Sauté garlic until soft.
5. Place roast and sear on all sides.
6. Season with black pepper.
7. Scatter thickly sliced onion, mushrooms and bell pepper over roast.
8. Pour the spaghetti sauce over the meat
9. Cover casserole and transfer to the preheated oven
10. Bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours until meat is tender.
11. Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water until al dente.
12. Drain in a colander.
13. Pile spaghetti on a serving platter.
14. Slice roast and arrange over the spaghetti.
15. Skimming of any fat from top of spaghetti sauce casserole, spoon the sauce over the roast.
16. Garnish with grated parmesan cheese.