- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cacao & Olive Bread Recipe Video
|Plain flour||300 Gram|
|Wholemeal flour||100 Gram|
|Yeast||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green olives||200 Gram|
|Cacao||75 Gram, chopped (willies Venezuelan Carenero Superior 100 % cacao)|
|Olive oil||75 Milliliter|
|Milk||1 Tablespoon (for brushing)|
|Fennel seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (for dusting)|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (for greasing)|
Calories 322 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.3%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.1 mg
Sodium 336 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.4%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 7 g13.6%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 0.66%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a bowl and loaf pan with butter and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/Gas mark 4.
3. In a large bowl, sift together plain flour, wholemeal flour and yeast. Set aside.
4. In a saucepan, add in the milk, water and cacao. Stir well until cacao is melted.
5. Take off the saucepan from the stove and pour in the olive oil. Mix well and place the saucepan over the stove again. Stir on low heat.
6. Pour the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture. Mix well to make dough.
7. Take out the dough and place on the flour surface. Knead for a few minutes.
8. Flat the dough with hands and place the olives and fold in. Place the dough into the greased bowl and cover with kitchen towel. Set aside for 2 hours on a warm place.
9. Place the dough into the prepared loaf pan. Grease with milk and sprinkle fennel seeds over it.
10. Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
11. Slice the bread and serve with tea or coffee.
You can also make rolls from the dough.