- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cabernet Steak Sauce Recipe Video
|Onion||2 Medium, chop|
|Carrot||2 Medium, chop|
|Celery||2 , chop (stalks)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), crush|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cabernet||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Quart (roasted chicken stock)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 383 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.9%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.6 mg
Sodium 1057.5 mg44.1%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.2%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 11 g23%
Vitamin A 106.9% Vitamin C 25.1%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a pot over medium heat, pour olive oil, and cook onion, carrot, and celery until browned.
2. Throw garlic, bay leaves, and tomato paste in pot. Stir and cook for about a minute.
3. Stir in balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, and wine. Bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer until it reduces by two third.
4. Pour chicken stock, stir and bring it to a boil. Simmer and reduce it again by two third.
5. Strain, discard the solids, and put the sauce back into the pot on heat. Simmer and reduce to right consistency.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Serve sauce with grilled steak.