- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cabbage And Bean Soup Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Small red potatoes||1⁄2 Pound, cut in to chunks|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 Large, cut into moons|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Canned diced tomatoes||15 Ounce|
|Butter beans||15 Ounce|
|Cabbage||1⁄2 Medium, cored and thinly sliced|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 591 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.2%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.2 mg2.4%
Sodium 518.7 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.7%
Dietary Fiber 25.8 g103.3%
Sugars 15.3 g
Protein 33 g66.7%
Vitamin A 16.7% Vitamin C 76.6%
Calcium 17.2% Iron 59.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pan, heat olive oil over a medium high heat.
2. Add potatoes and a pinch of salt. Let it cook for five minutes till potatoes brown.
3. Add onions and garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes,
4. Add beans, broth, tomatoes and a hint of salt and pepper. Bring it to a boil.
5. Once it starts boiling, add cabbage. Let it for around 5 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
6. Serve Cabbage and Bean soup with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.