- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cabbage Rolls with I Don't Hate Sauerkraut Anymore Recipe
|Green cabbage leaves||12 (Unblemished Leaves)|
|Hot italian turkey sausage||6 Ounce, casing removed|
|Thinly sliced green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Green And White Parts)|
|Cooked white rice||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Sauerkraut||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), rinsed, drained, and squeezed dry|
|Egg whites||2 Large|
|Golden raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, coarsely chopped (1 Can)|
|Tomato paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 393 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.2%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.6 mg
Sodium 571.3 mg23.8%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.3%
Dietary Fiber 26.9 g107.6%
Sugars 40 g
Protein 21 g41.8%
Vitamin A 31.1% Vitamin C 629.3%
Calcium 44.8% Iron 37.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In large nonstick skillet place sausage with 1 tablespoon water. Cook over medium heat, 6 to 8 minutes or until cooked through, breaking up sausage into chunks with wooden spoon. If skillet gets dry, add another tablespoon water. Stir in green onion and 1 more tablespoon water. Cook, stirring, 1 minute or until green onion is softened. Transfer mixture to medium bowl. When cool enough to handle, crumble sausage as finely as possible.
3. Add cooked rice, sauerkraut, egg whites, raisins, and A cup stewed tomatoes to sausage mixture.
4. Preheat oven to 375°.
5. From bottom of one prepared cabbage leaf, cut out thick part of core. Trim end straight. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of filling on lower half of leaf. Fold end of leaf over filling. Fold sides over and roll leaf up firmly. If leaf is very large, trim off some of top. Place roll, seam side down, in 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Repeat with remaining leaves and filling.
6. In small bowl combine remaining stewed tomatoes and tomato paste. Pour over cabbage rolls. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
7. Bake 45 minutes or until bubbly and rolls are tender when poked with fork.