- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cabbage Rolls In Beer Recipe
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Celery stalks||1 , minced|
|Fresh parsley leaves||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Extra lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beer||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chili sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Cabbage leaves||8 Large, boiled 3 to 5 minutes, stems and thick veins removed|
Calories 709 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.8%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.1%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 70.3 mg23.4%
Sodium 873.5 mg36.4%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.4%
Dietary Fiber 46.5 g185.9%
Sugars 60.1 g
Protein 50 g99.2%
Vitamin A 52% Vitamin C 1123.2%
Calcium 75.6% Iron 70.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, place the onions, parsley, beef, rice and seasoning.
2) Spoon 1/8 of the onion mixture in the center of each, cabbage leaf.
3) Fold the sides towards the center and roll the cabbage leaves tightly.
4) Put the cabbage rolls in the slow cooker.
5) In another bowl, mix well together beer, chilli, Worcestershire sauce and seasoning,
6) Slowly stream the beer mixture over the cabbage rolls.
7) Put the lid on and simmer for 7 to 8 hours.
8) Serve the cabbage rolls hot, topped with the beer sauce.