- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crock Pot Cabbage Rolls Recipe Video
|Ground meat||1 Pound (half quantity each of beef and pork)|
|Cooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Marjoram powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped finely|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Tomato sauce||1 Can (10 oz)|
Calories 138 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.8%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.3 mg
Sodium 353.4 mg14.7%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 12 g25%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 64.6%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take the cabbage and remove the outer leaves and discard. Using a sharp knife remove the stem and discard.
2. In a pot of salted boiling water add the cabbage and let it cook for about 8 - 10 minutes or until the leaves become soft. Once the cabbage has softened, using tongs peel the leaves from the cabbage and continue until all leaves are removed and set them aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, add and combine ground beef, rice, onions, garlic, eggs, salt, pepper, paprika, thyme and marjoram. Mix until well combined.
4. On a chopping board, take the cabbage leaves one at a time and using a sharp knife cut off the stem end of the cabbage leaf and using an ice cream scoop, scoop the beef rice mixture onto the leaf and wrap it like a tortilla. Repeat this step until the mixture is over and align them in the crock pot.
5. Once done, pour the tomato sauce over the cabbage rolls evenly. Cover the crock pot with a lid and slow cook the cabbage rolls for 7 - 10 hours or until done.
6. Serve these cabbage rolls hot.