- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cabbage Rolls Recipe
|Cabbage leaves||8 Large|
|Long grain rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef||1 Pound, ground|
|Instant minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Season all||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Basil leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned tomatoes||29 Ounce (3 1/2 Cups / 1 No 2 1/2 Can)|
|Commercial sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 445 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.8%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.9 mg13%
Sodium 456.6 mg19%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.6%
Dietary Fiber 24.9 g99.6%
Sugars 29.1 g
Protein 26 g52.2%
Vitamin A 33.2% Vitamin C 566%
Calcium 41.8% Iron 39.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large pan, steam the cabbage leaves for 8 minutes, or until slightly tender.
2) In a saucepan, add the rice, water and salt, cook for 20 minutes, or until tender.
3) In a bowl, combine the rice, beef, onion, 1 1/2 teaspoons Season-All, pepper and basil leaves together, mix thoroughly.
4) Place 1/3 cup of the beef mixture over each cabbage leaf.
5) Fold the cabbage leaf over the mixture, tucking in ends, and secure with a toothpick.
6) In a frying pan, place the cabbage rolls, with overlapped side down.
7) Pour the tomatoes over rolls and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
8) Transfer the cabbage rolls on a heated platter.
9) In a small bowl, combine the flour, sour cream and rest of the Season-All.
10) Stir into the liquid in frying pan, simmer over a low heat, until the sauce is slightly thickened.
11) Serve the cabbage rolls, immediately with the sauce.