- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cabbage and Garlic Sausage Recipe
|Green cabbage||1 , cut into 1" slices|
|Onion||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 337 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 23.8 mg
Sodium 808.3 mg33.7%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.4%
Sugars 11.2 g
Protein 10 g19.3%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 162.2%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large frypan heat the oil and put in the chopped onion and cabbage.
2. Turn the cabbage well in the pan to get it "blessed" with the hot oil.
3. Cut the garlic sausage into 1" slices or smaller pieces if preferred and add to the cabbage.
4. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, caraway seeds and pour in the water.
5. Put the lid on and cook for about 10-15 minutes.