- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Best Banana Bread Ever! Recipe Video
|Unbleached flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Banana||3 Medium (ripe)|
|Butter||8 Tablespoon (extra for pan)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnut/Pecan, chocolate chip||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), chopped (Optional)|
Calories 557 Calories from Fat 276
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.4%
Saturated Fat 11 g54.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79.7 mg
Sodium 318.4 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.8%
Sugars 30.5 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A 20% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine dry ingredients – set aside.
3. Mash 3 ripe bananas - set aside.
4. Cut up one cube butter + one cube margarine into tablespoon sized pieces (smaller pieces will soften and combine easily) – set aside.
5. Measure milk and add lemon juice to milk (milk will curdle).
6. Grease 9x5x3 inch loaf pan well with butter.
7. Combine and beat butter and margarine until light and creamy
8. Add sugar slowly and continue to beat until fluffy.
9. Add eggs, one at time, and continue to beat until combined.
10.Alternately add dry ingredients then milk mixture.
11.Fold in bananas, add 2/3 cup either pecans, walnut or choco chips.
12.Pour mixture into well buttered loaf pan 9x5x3 and bake on rack in lower third of oven.
13. Check doneness at 55 minutes (tent with foil to keep from overcooking on outside – should be golden brown at first check point.
14. Continue cooking for 10-15 more minutes, or until inserted knife comes out clean. Don’t overcook!
15. Serve warm.
For more recipes please visit The Brown Lounge Website