- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Butterscotch Yule Log Recipe
|Butterscotch bits||6 Ounce|
|Sweetened condensed milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Egg white||1 , lightly beaten|
|Walnut halves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1690 Calories from Fat 846
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g152.1%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g69.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.4 mg
Sodium 773.6 mg32.2%
Total Carbohydrates 186 g61.9%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.4%
Sugars 58.6 g
Protein 35 g71%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 7.4%
Calcium 50.6% Iron 26.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Over hot water, stand a pot with butterscotch bits and heat till melted.
2) Take off the heat and stir in the condensed milk and vanilla.
3) Add in the chopped walnuts and mix well.
4) Refrigerate till firm enough to handle.
5) On waxed paper, form into a 12-inch tight roll.
6) Unroll the paper and score the surface lengthwise with a fork.
7) Brush with egg white.
8) Push in the walnut halves and completely cover.
9) Reroll the paper.
11) Cut into 1/2-inch slices.
12) Slice and serve.