- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Butterscotch Bites Recipe
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot water||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lukewarm milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Flour||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5309 Calories from Fat 2708
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 302 g464.9%
Saturated Fat 107.1 g535.4%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 1112 mg370.7%
Sodium 964.9 mg40.2%
Total Carbohydrates 560 g186.8%
Dietary Fiber 24.2 g96.6%
Sugars 225.6 g
Protein 115 g230.1%
Vitamin A 80.4% Vitamin C 0.07%
Calcium 79.5% Iron 139.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add together brown sugar, butter, and hot water.
2) Place 1 1/2 teaspoons mix in each of the 24 muffin cups.
3) Sprinkle several nuts in each cup.
4) Add the yeast into warm water and allow to soften.
5) In an electric mixer bowl, mix together the milk, shortening, eggs, yeast and half the flour.
6) Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
7) Add in the remaining flour and beat for 2 minutes longer.
8) Into each muffin cup, drop in 1 tablespoon batter.
9) Cover with waxed paper and allow to rise for 40 minutes.
10) Place in the oven at 375 degrees and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
11) Invert onto baking sheet.
12) Allow to stand for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
13) Serve as a snack.