- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Butterscotch Nut Stars Recipe
|All purpose flour||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4708 Calories from Fat 1434
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 163 g250.5%
Saturated Fat 90.4 g452.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 785.8 mg
Sodium 2915.6 mg121.5%
Total Carbohydrates 757 g252.2%
Dietary Fiber 12.6 g50.3%
Sugars 441.2 g
Protein 62 g124.3%
Vitamin A 94.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 53.1% Iron 133%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Beat butter or margarine and brown sugar until fluffy in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed. Beat in eggs, one at a time, ground almonds and vanilla.
3. Stir in flour mixture to make a stiff dough. Wrap in wax paper and chill 3 hours, or overnight.
4. Roll out dough, a quarter at a time, to a 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured pastry cloth or board. Cut into stars with a 3-inch cutter. Place, 1 inch apart, on cookie sheets.
5. Bake in hot oven (400°) 10 minutes, or until cookies are golden; remove to wire racks with spatula; cool completely.
6. Place star tip on frosting tube and pipe lines, following picture or as you wish.