- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Butterscotch Meringue Pie Recipe
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), scalded|
|Egg yolks||3 , beaten slightly|
|9 inch baked pie shell||1|
Calories 637 Calories from Fat 254
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.7%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 174.3 mg
Sodium 399 mg16.6%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29%
Dietary Fiber 0.28 g1.1%
Sugars 58 g
Protein 8 g17%
Vitamin A 11.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 33.5% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Now, slowly add milk.
2) Taka a saucepan and cook the mixture on medium heat until it thickens and boils. Cook for about 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
3) Now, slowly add milk mixture to egg yolks in small quantities in the hot mixture and cook for a minute and stir constantly.
4) Fold in butter and vanilla and cool a bit.
5) Put the mixture into pastry shell and cool.
6) Put meringue and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
7) Serve the butterscotch meringue pie.