- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Butterscotch Ice Cream Sauce Recipe
|White syrup||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 714 Calories from Fat 213
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.9%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.5 mg
Sodium 102.6 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 130 g43.3%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 80.2 g
Protein 1 g2.5%
Vitamin A 15.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 7.8% Iron 0.06%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, combing the syrup and sugar.
2. Place pan over medium high heat and bring to a boil, stirring only until the sugar melts.
3. Insert a candy thermometer into the pan and boil the syrup until it reaches 218° F or the soft ball stage. If you do not have a thermometer, check by dropping a teaspoon of the syrup into chilled water. It should become a soft ball when rolled.
4. Slide in the butter and tip in 1 cup cream, stirring continuously until well blended.
5. Take pan off the heat and then stir in remaining cream and vanilla.
6. Serve this Butterscotch sauce either hot or cold over ice-cream.
7. It tastes even better when topped with salted pecans.