- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cook Along Butternut Squash Soup Recipe Video
|Butternut squash||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 , finely diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Vegetable stock cube/Chicken stock||10 Gram|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Boiling water||500 Milliliter|
Calories 135 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.8%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 19 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 2 g3.3%
Vitamin A 241.2% Vitamin C 45.2%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel and chop the Butternut Squash into chunks.
2. In a sauce pan add in the oil, onion and garlic. Sauté for few minutes.
3. Meanwhile in a jar add in the vegetable cube and pour in 400 ml boiling water.
4. Add in the Butternut Squash and Stock to the pan. Top up with remaining boiling water. Bring to the boil and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Stir in the mixture and remove from the heat. Spoon out the Butternut Squash into a blender, retaining as much Stock as possible in the saucepan. Blend the mixture into a puree. Transfer the soup into a large bowl.
6. Gradually add in the stock to the soup until its thick enough.
7. Serve Butternut Squash Soup with croutons.
You can use this squash soup recipe to make pumpkin soup as well, just swap the Butternut Squash for Pumpkin.