- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Butternut squash porridge (hobakjuk) Recipe Video
|Butternut squash||2 Small, washed|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|For rice cake|
|Sweet rice flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs) (2 cup for rice cakes and 4 tablespoons for dusting)|
|Boiling water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 168 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.3 g0.47%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.32%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 659.6 mg27.5%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24.2%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 3 g6%
Vitamin A 642.8% Vitamin C 105.8%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the squash in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds,
2. In a pot , place the squash halves and water, cover and cook over medium high heat for 30 minutes until the squash is tender.
3. Take the pot of the heat and allow to cool.
4. Once the squash cools, scoop out the flesh using a spoon.
For rice cakes
5. In a bowl put together sweet rice flour, salt and water and stir well with spoon.
6. As the mixture cools, knead it with hand until it forms into dough.
7. Warp the dough in plastic wrap and set aside to cool completely.
8. Knead the cool dough, until it is soft, and add more water in needed.
9. Dust your hands with sweet rice flour and shape the dough into about ½ inch balls and set aside.
10. In a large pot, put the squash flesh with 4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
11. As the squash mixture boils, add in the rice cake and simmer until the rice cake floats to the surface.
12. Add on salt and sugar and stir well to mix.
13. Serve hot or cold as desired.