- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Butternut Squash Risotto Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Butternut squash||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed|
|Regular salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Arborio rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Organic salt free white wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1361 Calories from Fat 575
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g100.6%
Saturated Fat 33.8 g169.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130.8 mg
Sodium 2769.5 mg115.4%
Total Carbohydrates 174 g57.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 22.2 g
Protein 21 g42.7%
Vitamin A 374.9% Vitamin C 121.4%
Calcium 73.5% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
2. For the Butternut Squash mix: In a baking pan, add the butternut squash, 1 tablepoon of olive oil, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and nutmeg and stir.
3. Pop into the oven for 10-15 minutes, until it gets soft.
4. Remove and mash some of the butternut squash pieces and set aside.
5. For the stock: Bring to a boil 1 quart of water and add chicken base
6. Arborio Rice: In a pan heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
7. Add onions and brown for 5-6 minutes.
8. Add the rice and let it toast in the pan.
9. Add white wine and stir.
10. Next, add the chicken stock one ladle at a time while stirring continuously. Make sure the liquid is always at boiling temperature.
11. When the rice is cooked halfway (after 9 minutes) add the butternut squash mix.
12. Ladle more chicken stock and continue stirring and cooking.
13. Finally, add butter, parmesan cheese, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and mix into the risotto.
14. Plate and garnish with parsley and serve as main course.