- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Butter Sage Sauce and Roasted Hazelnuts Recipe Video
|Butternut squash ravioli||18 Ounce|
|Hazelnuts||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs), chopped|
|Butter||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Avocado oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon, ground (Optional)|
Calories 1580 Calories from Fat 638
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g115.4%
Saturated Fat 38.2 g191.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.7 mg
Sodium 747.9 mg31.2%
Total Carbohydrates 247 g82.2%
Dietary Fiber 141.7 g567%
Sugars 16.4 g
Protein 52 g103.9%
Vitamin A 491.5% Vitamin C 197.1%
Calcium 595.9% Iron 540.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Roast the hazelnuts in the toaster oven for 5 minutes at 350 F
1. In a pan melt butter on a low sim for about 15 minutes to brown. The slower you brown the butter, the better and nuttier it tastes.
2. Boil the ravioli as per the instructions on its package which is usually about 8 minutes on a slow boil. Once boiled, drain the water off the pasta and rinse it with cold water to prevent it from sticking.
3. Add sage along with the toasted hazelnuts into the browned butter.
4. Add the pasta to this brown butter and nuts mix and stir on a medium heat till the ravioli are a little browned.
5. Drizzle with a little avocado oil and sprinkle Parmesan cheese, ground pepper over the top. Also garnish with some sage leaves and serve.