- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Butternut Squash Gnocchi Recipe Video
|Idaho potatoes||3 Pound|
|Butternut squash||2 Pound|
|White flour||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Ricotta salata cheese||18 Ounce|
Calories 4777 Calories from Fat 683
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 80 g123.3%
Saturated Fat 43.6 g218%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1176.7 mg392.2%
Sodium 3604.4 mg150.2%
Total Carbohydrates 889 g296.4%
Dietary Fiber 77.8 g311.3%
Sugars 21.6 g
Protein 173 g345.1%
Vitamin A 1058.3% Vitamin C 605.5%
Calcium 74.8% Iron 128.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook whole potatoes in salted water for about 25 minutes until soft, then remove from heat and drain water.
2. Peel away from potato, rice when hot and reserve potato until cool.
3. Peel butternut squash roast and bland.
4. Into the mixing bowl of a blender, add the riced potatoes, butternut squash, flour, a little salt and eggs(add 1 at a time) and pulse on low until combined.
5. Place mixture onto a floured table and knead lightly.
6. Cut manageable pieces of dough and rolling into ½ inch cylinder logs, then cutting them into ½ inch pieces until completed.
7. Cook the Gnocchi in salted water until they come to the surface.
8. In a sauté pan melt the butter on a high heat and sizzle the sage and the Gnocchi.
9. Finish with ricotta salata cheese and black pepper and serve.