- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Butternut Squash Dip Recipe Video
|Butternut squash||1 Medium|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Vegetable stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1266 Calories from Fat 493
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.9%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1531.2 mg63.8%
Total Carbohydrates 202 g67.4%
Dietary Fiber 36.3 g145.3%
Sugars 41.3 g
Protein 18 g35.3%
Vitamin A 3578% Vitamin C 574%
Calcium 81% Iron 65.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel and cube the butternut squash.
2) Coarsely chop the onion.
3) Peel and smash the garlic clove.
4) Chop the carrot into 1/2 inch chunks.
5) In a large stock pot, add all of the vegetables and the vegetable stock.
6) Bring to a boil, cover, lower the temperature and simmer until the squash is soft -- 20-25 minutes.
7) Drain the vegetables in a colander (save the liquid for soup).
8) In 3-5 batches, put a portion of the vegetables into a food processor and drizzle in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Process until it is very smooth.
9) Transfer the butternut squash butter to a large bowl.
10) Stir in the salt and adjust to taste.
11)Serve as needed.