- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crispy Butternut Squash Cakes Recipe Video
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Onions/Shallots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Grated butternut squash||2 Cup (32 tbs), packed|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garbanzo and fava bean flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Gluten free cornflour||3 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||4 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Pumpkin seeds||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.7 mg20.2%
Sodium 239.1 mg10%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.8%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 7 g14.7%
Vitamin A 258.3% Vitamin C 43.7%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Place a pan over medium heat, add some oil and gently cook the onions till they are soft. Set aside.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix together the butternut squash, pepper, curry powder, cumin and salt.
3) Beat the egg separately and add it to the butternut mixture. Stir well.
4) Next, add the two flours and stir well to ensure that they have blended with the other ingredients.
5) Add the softened onion next and mix well.
5) In a pan placed over medium heat, add the oil and fry the butternut mixture in batches. Put a dollop of the mixture on the hot pan, flatten it out and cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
6) Once all the cakes are done, transfer them to a serving plate, top each cake with a dollop of cream and serve while still hot and crisp.
This video is a creation of foodwishes. You can visit foodwishes for complete recipes, and more videos.