- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Herbed Butternut Squash Apple Soup Recipe Video
|Butternut squash||3 Pound|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), caramelize|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Thyme||2 Tablespoon, dried|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 300 Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.7%
Saturated Fat 0.75 g3.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 714.3 mg29.8%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25.1%
Dietary Fiber 14.4 g57.6%
Sugars 31.4 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 736.9% Vitamin C 157.7%
Calcium 27.4% Iron 28.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
2. Slice the squash into half.
3. Put ½ inch level water in a baking pan and arrange the squash such that the cut side is down.
4. Roast on the bottom rack for 60 minutes.
5. Peel, quarter and core apples.
6. In a pie pan, add some water and arrange apples in it.
7. Place it in the middle rack in the oven for 40 minutes.
8. Chop onions.
9. Heat a pan over a high flame and pour olive oil.
10. Add onions and sauté on a low flame. Stir every few minutes. Cook until it caramelizes. This may take 30 to 35 minutes.
11. Remove squash and apples from the oven. Scoop out the seeds from the squash.
12. Remove pulp from the squash and add it to the pan.
13. Add chicken broth and blend it well.
14. Add apples and blend it again.
15. Add caramelized onions and blend.
16. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg.
17. Add 1 teaspoon Herb de provence and sage.
18. Add a heaped tablespoon of honey.
19. Serve it as it is or with croutons.