- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Buttermilk Marinated Southern Fried Chicken Recipe Video
|Skinless and boneless chicken thighs||10|
|Low fat buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||2 Tablespoon|
|Hungarian paprika||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), for dredging|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs), for frying|
Calories 2878 Calories from Fat 2268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 256 g393.9%
Saturated Fat 36.3 g181.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5684 mg236.8%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.5%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 102 g204.5%
Vitamin A 22.5% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 29.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a mixing bowl, put the chicken and sprinkle with black pepper, paprika, salt and cayenne.
2) Pour in the buttermilk and toss the chicken lightly.
3) Put the chicken in the fridge and let it marinate for 3 hours.
4) In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, salt and pepper.
5) Sprinkle some flour on a pan. The chicken will be placed on this pan before it is fried.
6) Remove the marinated chicken from the fridge and dredge it in the seasoned flour.
7) Place the coated chicken on the floured pan and let it sit for about 20 minutes.
8) In a pan placed over medium high heat, add the oil and let it heat up.
9) Add the chicken pieces in the oil and raise the heat to high.
10) After the chicken has cooked for 3-4 minutes, reduce the heat to medium.
11) Fry the chicken for about 8 minutes on each sides, till done.
12) Transfer the hot chicken pieces to a serving plate, garnish with some chopped parsley and serve while still hot.