- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Buttermilk Rolls Recipe
|Compressed yeast/2 tablespoons dry active yeast||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), heated to lukewarm|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Unbleached white flour/Bread flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3958 Calories from Fat 928
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 106 g163.3%
Saturated Fat 59.6 g297.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 241.9 mg
Sodium 2940.4 mg122.5%
Total Carbohydrates 647 g215.6%
Dietary Fiber 42.7 g170.7%
Sugars 63.5 g
Protein 110 g219.4%
Vitamin A 56.2% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 19.1% Iron 230.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Stir in the melted butter.
3. Mix in 2 cups of the flour, the baking soda, and salt. Beat well. Cover and set in a warm place until the mixture rises about 2 inches up the bowl, about 25 minutes.
4. Stir down and add enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough. Beat well. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes. Punch down.
5. Divide the dough into 24 pieces and form each piece into a ball. Put 1 inch apart in oiled cake pans or on baking sheets.
6. Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 10 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
8. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the rolls are golden brown.