- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Buttermilk Pie Recipe
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|9 inch pie shell||1 (Unbaked)|
Calories 333 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.2%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69 mg
Sodium 137.8 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.61 g2.4%
Sugars 18.9 g
Protein 6 g11.5%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.3% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a bowl, combine flour and 1/2 cup of buttermilk. Mix until smooth.
3) To this, add the beaten eggs along with sugar and butter.
4) Gradually add 1 3/4 cups of buttermilk and vanilla. Mix well.
5) Into the unbaked pie shell, transfer this mixture.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Note that this pie will rise very high when in the oven. However, it will sink after you remove it from the oven.
7) Garnish the pie with grated coconut, slice and serve warm.