- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Buttermilk Corn Sticks Recipe
|Cornmeal||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Shortening||2 Tablespoon, melted|
Calories 355 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.2%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.7%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg17.6%
Sodium 548.6 mg22.9%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.7%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 9 g18.5%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 10.4% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix cornmeal, all-purpose flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and sugar.
3. Put buttermilk and egg in the mixture and stir so that a moist mixture is formed.
4. Add shortening to the mixture.
5. Take an oiled cast iron corn stick pan, and put it in the oven for 3 minutes until heated.
6. Take the pan out and fill it two third with the batter.
7. Put the pan for baking for 12- 15 minutes until it turns brown.
8. Serve warm with sauces